How Do Furniture Movers Companies Determine The Cost of Your Move?
When you want to make a move, you would call for the furniture movers to provide the services. These would send one of their representatives to your place in order to check for what all needs to be moved. They would be filling out the sheets of paper which is actually a check list of different commodities. Based on this assessment, they would be ascertaining your exact need of moving supplies, like trucks, cartons, tapes and tapestries, etc. And, thereafter, they would be telling you the costs of local or interstate moving.
Some of the elements of costs which they would be considering are the following:
1. Cost of labor: This is ascertained by knowing how many people would be required by the furniture removal company for the packing and loading/unloading purposes. The number of persons is multiplied with the labor rate per hour and the number of hours taken by the person to complete the work. Normally, the labor rate is communicated to the clients and also the estimated time taken by them.
5. Cost of insurance: The goods can be damaged while these are in transit or while packing or while loading or unloading. In order to make good the loss of the articles, people take to insurance of these articles. This further increases the costs of interstate moving.
These can be the main and broad categories of cost heads which take care of broad range of expenses. There could be other direct and indirect cost elements as well like the overheads which need to be charged from the customers. A reasonable profit margin as well the margin for future growth is also kept aside for charging from the customers.
Your floors need special protection when undergoing remodeling, during new construction, moving heavy furniture or equipment, and for other events beyond day-to-day use. Protecting flooring makes sense and saves money. A spill of paint, the drop of a hammer, a scratch from heavy furniture can cost thousands of dollars in replacement and repair costs. This article describes surface protection products for floors so that you can make informed choices on the best product to use for your needs.
Types of Protection Packaging:
Floor protection products are commonly packaged as either:
(1) Products by the roll: These include common adhesive films, rolled paper products and rolled textile protection. Protective materials purchased by the roll are commonly measured in thickness by mils (e.g., 2.5 mils thick up to 48 mils thick).
(2) Products by the sheet: These include corrugated plastic, masonite, and other rigid protection. Protective materials purchased by the sheet are commonly measured in thickness by the inch (e.g., 1/4-inch thick) and normally come as 4 feet by 8 feet.
Type of Flooring Protection:
Paper protection is suitable for all hard surfaces and resilient surfaces but does not work well to protect carpets as it can tear when flexing under footsteps. Paper products are breathable so that glue fumes and cement curing vapors can escape. One disadvantage to paper products as they require tapes to secure them to flooring and tapes can often leave adhesive residue when removed. Common paper protection products include:
· Ramboard™ A coated compressed paper board 38 mils thick that is breathable, water resistant and made from recycled paper.
· Kraft paper is a lightweight brown paper that is inexpensive but does not afford any impact protection and can easily tear
· Scrim paper may incorporate coatings or reinforcements to make them water resistant as well as scrim threads to reinforce the paper and prevent tearing. These improved papers are longer lasting than regular Kraft paper or rosin paper however they are also too thin to offer much impact protection.
- Surface Liner Vapor™ is the newest textile product to market and is both breathable and leakproof. Microscopic pores in the plastic liner allow vapor to escape yet are too small for common liquids to penetrate. This rolled product is also easy to keep clean as the plastic top can be swept daily to keep it looking good.
- EZ Cover™ is manufactured to protect cement slabs or decorative cement while curing. It has a soft felt bottom and compressed paper backing that allows the floor to breathe. EZ Cover is commonly used in both commercial and residential applications and is easy to cut to size as needed.
Applying the Surface Protection
In order to obtain the full benefits of using surface protection, proper application is a must. The floors should be clean (vacuumed or swept) prior to covering with the protection products. The proper choice of protection should be made so that moisture is not trapped on floors that are still curing. Trapping moisture can cause a full product failure and will invalidate a wood floor manufacturer's warranty. For heavy traffic or loads, several protection layers may be needed.
In summary, there are many choices in temporary floor protection available today. When choosing a protection product, it is wise to consider the cost, duration needed, breathability and potential to reuse the product. Successful floor protection also includes proper installation and preparation of the floor. Always follow the manufacturer's recommendation for use so the potential for adhesive transfer is avoided. Protecting valuable floors is a wise investment in time and money. Surface protection experts are also available to help you choose the best floor protection for your needs.
Moving is a really complicated process and this matter should not be tread lightly. Packing all household items and dedicated equipment requires lots of time and utmost attention. It also requires sufficient manpower. A family of 3 or 4 cannot finish this task in a single day, even if they do their best. If this is also your case, exterior help would be greatly appreciated. But should you rely on your friends and relatives or call a moving company? In most cases, hiring professional movers is the best solution and we will explain why.
It is important to have sufficient manpower, but it very important to have the qualified manpower. Working with amateurs proves to be in many cases, the wrong approach. Sure, your friends and relatives would gladly help you pack all of your stuff, but they are not experts and they can make quite costly mistakes. For example, there are certain rules regarding packing, storing and placing boxes with fragile items. If your friends do not know them, you can end up with damaged items. Surely you do not want to break precious porcelain plates or vases.
Hiring a mover ensures that your items will be placed in an adequate container. They offer shipping containers in many sizes from small-medium mobile units to sea-can containers needed for an international move to a foreign, overseas location.
- Moving Services Benoni
- Best Moving Companies Randburg
- Long Distance Moving Companies South Africa
- Long Distance Movers Edenvale
- Furniture Movers South Africa
- Local Moving Companies Fourways
- Cheap Moving Companies River Club
- Relocation Services Sunninghill
- Home Moving Companies Randburg
- Moving And Storage Companies Morningside
- Out Of State Moving Companies Westcliff
- Moving Options Sunninghill
- Packing And Moving Services Rosebank
- Affordable Moving Companies JHB
- Cross Country Moving Companies Johannesburg south